Loon Lake Camp Lodge & Retreat Centre, located in the UBC Malcolm Knapp Research Forest, is currently looking for a housekeeper to help us out.
Job Title: Housekeeper
Department: Cleaning & Maintenance Services
Job Type: Part Time
Hours /week: 20-30; depending on business requirements and your availability
Starting Wage: $16-$18 per hour depending on experience
Benefits: May be available in the future if position turns to full-time
Start Date: October 1, 2018
Do you want to be a part of a friendly team in a beautiful and inspiring environment? Come and join us!
Why should you work with us?
We are a unique year-round facility that provides lodging and meals for group functions. Guests use our location to host their own events or programs. As a valued member of our team, you would gain the following benefits:
- Access to our beautiful private location in the magical UBC Malcolm Knapp Research Forest
- Work with a caring, unique and inviting team of people
- Use of our private lake and canoes on days when the facility is not rented out
- Staff meals at no cost during your shift.
Basic Duties of the Position
- Reporting to the Reservations Coordinator to verify rooms/buildings that need cleaning
- Changing sheets and making beds
- Cleaning and scrubbing bathrooms, and various surfaces throughout the facility
- Vacuuming and mopping
- Gathering dirty laundry, and transporting to washing machines
- Folding and putting away clean laundry
- Stocking and maintaining the housekeeping closets/rooms
- Complying with all Health and Safety requirements including wearing adequate protective equipment when working with hazardous cleaning materials.
- Physically capable; ability to be on your feet; bending, lifting, and moving heavy items for an extended period of time
- Experience an asset but not necessary
- Must have own transportation; no access to transit at our location
- Valid First Aid certificate is an asset.
Skills and Attributes
In addition to the duties and requirements of the position, we are interested in someone who
- Has the ability to work as part of a team, and unsupervised
- Has excellent people skills; is friendly, kind, and approachable
When submitting your resume (to: loon.lake(at)ubc.ca) please reference Housekeeping Position in the subject line.