OUTDOOR PROGRAMS ASSISTANT (MULTIPLE SPOTS)
As a venue for learning and personal growth, we offer programs for diverse groups from across Canada. As such, we require staff to assist the Education Coordinator in preparing outdoor-based and educational programs for youth and adult retreats at Loon Lake Lodge and Retreat Centre. Remuneration: $15-20/hr based on experience.
The person hired for this position must have/be:
- a Canadian Resident,
- patient and positive,
- the physical capabilities necessary to perform all required tasks,
- strong leadership skills,
- strong people and customer service skills,
- ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts,
- strong public speaking skills,
- background in one or more various fields (e.g., arts, recreation, sports, and/or outdoor education),
- the ability to work efficiently alone or in a team environment,
- a valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle that can drive on gravel roads,
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment,
- strong attention to detail, and
- First Aid Level 1.
The following would be considered assets for the position:
- bilingual (French speaking individuals will be given priority)
- working knowledge of social, cultural, and recreational needs and interests of children and youth,
- prior education or knowledge in environmental field, and
- prior education or experience in children, youth, and/or adult programming.
At times, this position may put special demands on the person performing the job. These demands may include:
- lifting or moving heavy objects,
- frequent bending,
- constant movement,
- walking around the facility, sometimes in poor weather conditions or up/down stairs or inclines,
- delivering out-door based programs in all weather conditions, and
- delivering high energy and physically demanding programs (e.g., interpretive hikes).
The program assistant will be required to perform some of the following tasks:
- report to and take direction from the education coordinator,
- participating in all phases of programming (e.g., planning, implementing, and evaluating),
- familiarize self with upcoming programming events,
- familiarize self with offered programs and related protocols,
- deliver programs to various groups (e.g., youth and/or adults),
- understand and implement safety protocols when working with groups of varying abilities,
- create a positive, safe, energetic, and inclusive environment for guests at Loon Lake, and
- all other related duties.
Application deadline is Monday June 7th, 2018 at 12:00pm.
Please submit any questions or applications to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.